There are alot of recipe for vanilla cake but most of them are very heavy and dry. With this recipe your vanilla cake will have a soft texture (this is not a biscuit cake batter). This recipe is for a 20 diameter cakepan.
- 4 eggs,
- 1 cup of sugar,
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract,
- 1 cup of milk,
- 115 gr. Butter,
- 2 cup of flour,
- 2 teaspoon of bakingpowder,
- 1 teaspoon of salt.
Preheat your oven at 175 degrees,
- Grease you cake pan with butter and sprinkle a little bit of flour into the cake pan. This prevents the cake to stick into the cake pan,
- Heat up the butter and milk in a saucepan. When the butter is melted, take the saucepan off the heat and let the mixture cool off.
- Beat your eggs and vanilla extract with a mixer for about 5 minutes,
- Add the sugar little by little into the eggs foam,
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together,
- Add little by little the flour mixture into your bowl,
- Take a little bit of the cake batter and put it into the milk and butter mixture and whisk till the cake batter is all dissolved in the milk,
- Add the milk mixture to the rest of the cake batter and whisk for a few seconds,
- Put the cake batter into the cake pan and bake your cake for about 25-30 minutes,
- Your cake is ready when your insert a toothpick into your cake and it comes out dry.
It’s a browny’s thing…