Yesterday I wanted to eat something sweet but also healthy. I need some vitamines, because next week it will be a bussy week in Browny’s Cakes kitchen.
I was walking in the supermarket looking for ice cream and I though, instead of buying ice cream why not making my own ice cream. I have an ice cream maker at home and I only used it twice.
This ice cream maker I have it since I was a student. It’s not big but is good enough for one ice cream bucket. I bought some bananas and went home.
At home I was thinking ” I have some bananas for my ice cream, but I can also make a banana cake”.
Ok, enough talking and let’s start making this banana cake and ice cream.
Banana ice cream recipe:
- 3 Bananas
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1 can of condensed milk (379gr)
- 1/2 teaspoon of yellow color
- Put you ice cream maker one day ahead in the freezer.
- Cut your bananas into pieces and put them in your blender. Blend your bananas for a few seconds.
- Now put the rest of the ingredients into your blender and blend for 1-2 minutes.
- After blending all the ingredients together, put mixture in your ice cream maker.
- Let your ice cream mixture for about 45 minutes till 1 hour in your ice cream machine. The mixture is ready when it changed into a thicker consistency.
- When your ice cream mixture is thick enough, take it out the ice cream maker and put it into plastic container.
- Put your ice cream for about 3-5 hours into the freezer. Take it out after 3-5 hours and then you can start scooping your delicious banana ice cream.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract or banana extract
- 1 cup milk
- 115 gr butter
- 2 cup of flour
- 2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 mashed bananas. You can do this with a fork.
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- Cook the milk and the butter in a pan till the butter is melted. Take the pan from the stove and let the milk and butter mixture cool off,
- Beat your eggs with a mixer for about 5 minutes. The eggs has to be light and fluffy.
- Keep mixing the eggs and add the almond extract and the sugar little by little into the eggs mixture. Don’t do it too fast otherwise you will lose all the air of the egg mixture.
- Sift the flour, bakingpowder, baking soda and salt together,
- Add the mixture of flour, bakingpowder, baking soda and salt little by little into the eggs and sugar mixture,
- Add now the mashed bananas and mix for 1-2 minutes,
- Take a little bit of the batter and put it into the milk and butter mixture and mix with a beater,
- When the batter is dissolved into the milk with butter you can mix the rest of the batter with the milk and butter mixture,
- Put your cake batter in your cake pan and bake your cake for 50-60 minutes.
- Your cake is ready when your insert a toothpick into your cake and it comes out dry.
It’s a browny’s thing…