This is a delicious recipe for people who like sweet bread with raisins. On Curacao, where I come from you can buy ‘Pan dushi” at every bakery. You have small ones or bigger ones.
Normally the size of the “Pan dushi” is bigger. I made small ones, because is easier to roll the dough. If you want to make them biger you only need to double up the ingredients.
For more sweetness I add cinnamon and brown sugar into the filling. Normally you only put raisins as filling. I don’t like too much raisins in my “Pan dushi” so I use less raisins. Feel free to put as many as you want.
Preheat the oven at 200 degrees Celcius. Baking time 20 minutes. Yields approx. 12 small “Pan dushis”.
Ingredients for the dough:
- 500 gr. Flour,
- 10 gr. Yeast,
- 50 gr. Sugar,
- 50 gr. Soft butter,
- 1/2 cup Milk,
- 1 teaspoon of Yellow food color,
- 1/2 teaspoon of Salt,
- 25 gr. Melted butter,
- Abricot jam to brush on the “Pan dushis” when they all done.
Ingredients for the filling:
- 1/2 cup of Raisins,
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar,
- 1 tablespoon of Cinnamon,
Mix all these ingredients in a little bowl and set aside.
- Put all your dough ingredients in your mixing bowl and mix till your dough is not sticking at your bowl,
- Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel and leave for about 30-45 minutes to rise,
- After 30-45 minutes roll your dough out into a rectangular,
- Brush the melted butter on the dough,
- Sprinkle the mixture of cinnamon, raisins and brown sugar on the dough,
- Now roll your dough,
- Cut the dough in half,
- Cut each half again in half and then into three equals parts,
- Cover the “Pan dushis” with a kitchen towel and let them rise up for about 1 hour or untill the “Pan dushis” doubled in size,
- When the “Pan dushis”are fully raised put them into the oven and bake for about 25 minutes,
- In the mean time heat up the abricot jam,
- When the “Pan dushis” are ready brush the abricot jam on the “Pan dushis” and let them cool off. If you can resist to let them cool down J
It’s a browny’s thing…